Dutch / Flemish, French, Spanish, Japanese
My name is Patricia.
I have been a professional licensed Blue Badge Guide for more than 20 years now. I am passionate about London and love taking clients to places all over the United Kingdom. I work with private clients young and old from all over the world.
I offer a wide array of interesting walking tours, museum visits, garden tours, classic tours of England etc...
I am licensed to guide inside Westminster Abbey, the Tower of London, St. Paul's Cathedral, Windsor Castle and a number of galleries and museums in London.
During the pandemic lockdown, I haven't sat still and have been giving a number of online lectures and virtual tours for art societies, social clubs, horticultural societies and to groups of friends on a wide range of topics including England's most beautiful gardens and and some of the main sightseeing spots in the UK.
I love combining my passion for languages with history.
I am also very experienced in working with children/ teenagers too through my educational tours which I have been organising for more than 15 years now for schools and universities from France.
I can also prepare a high end bespoke tour, tailor-made to your personal interest and time and feel confident that I can help you create unforgettable memories on your trip by using my local knowledge and experiences of real England.
Just drop me a line and we can work together to create your perfect trip!
I am multilingual and guide not only in English but also in fluent Dutch, French, Spanish and Japanese.
My interests are broad and range from royal history to architecture and archaeology, art history, gardens of England, film locations...
Before becoming a Blue Badge Guide after 2 years of intense training, I worked as Japanese speaking guide in the Benelux, taking small groups around Belgium, Southern Netherlands and Luxembourg on a regular basis.
Here are some of my themed walking tours in London:
- Royal and aristocratic London
- Architecture in London from Tudor (16 cent.) to postmodern
- Imperial Britain and the Docklands
- Street art in trendy Shoreditch
- The Royal Botanic Gardens of Kew
- English Gardens
- Harry Potter film locations in London
- A stroll along the river Thames full of interesting history and anecdotes
- Shakespeare's London
- Rock & Roll music in Soho
- Historic walk from the Royal Borough of Chelsea and Kensington to Notting Hill
- A private guided visit of the Royal Botanical Gardens of Kew in London's greenest suburb
- Cabinet War Rooms and walking tour on the theme of World War II
- Ecological London with a visit to a Container City in East London
- The Mayflower 400 years of history of the first Settlers to America. Interesting walk in East London
- The Olympic PARC regeneration and the story of the success of the London Olympics 2012
- The city of London from Roman settlement to the financial powerhouse of the world
- Modern architecture of the City
- The Tower of London and Tower Bridge
- St. Paul's Cathedral private guided visit
- Legal London and the Inn's of Courts (area of lawyers and judges) in the heart of the city.
- London guided tour in the trail of Diana Spencer, Princess of Wales.
...and many, many more; I constantly keep on researching and learning new fantastic history and facts through books, extra courses, visits etc...
I look forward to welcoming you on my virtual tours or preferably on a real live tour on your next visit to London to give you a delightful experience!
|history, royalty, art, walking, gardens, food tours, shopping in London,|
I do architecture tours on modern contemporary buildings and skyscrapers which change the panoramic view constantly in the financial district of the City of London. I also do tours on Tudor, Victorian and Georgian architecture.
|Art/Paintings & Sculpture||
I do guided tours of the best paintings and highlights of the National Gallery, Tate Modern and the Wallace Collection
|Decorative Arts/Arts & Crafts||
I enjoy guiding in the magnificent Victoria and Albert Museum in South Kensington, the museum on Decorative Arts. I will show you what was fashionable living from Tudor times to Queen Victoria's era in the British Galleries, take you to see the Plaster Cast Rooms and much more....
|London Areas in Depth||
I guide in a number of London Boroughs including street art tours in Shoreditch, Kensington and Notting Hill, Mayfair and St. James, Bermondsey, Docklands etc...
|Food & Drink||
I do tours for food lovers and pub visits combined with history including the area of the Borough Market
Parliament, 2012 Venues, Virtual Tours