My main aim when Guiding is to optimise the day for what YOU want to do. My company, Mirandus Tours, specialises in tours that are interesting and fun, not just informative. I am used to working with smaller groups and especially families. With 3 young children myself, I’m used to tailoring tours for ‘younger visitors' with 'variable' attention spans...
In terms of places to visit you might consider
• For London; perhaps Westminster Abbey & the Tower of London but how about more contemporary places like Abbey Road with it's Beatles links or the bustling street markets like Spitalfields, Borough or Portobello at Notting Hill?
• For out of town; Windsor Castle (the Queen's weekend home), the University town of Oxford, picturesque Cotswolds villages or the mysterious stone circle at Stonehenge.
• If you have a theme in mind; Downton Abbey, Harry Potter, James Bond, Winston Churchill, Military History etc. just let me know and we can work the tour around it.
Am always happy to give ideas about great places to go. Just send me an email or visit the Mirandus Tours website.
I have a 100% 5 Star Trip Advisor rating. Some of the comments customers have kindly left include:
• “Nigel was terrific in our pre-planning. He was a fantastic guide, and very knowledgeable about the history and sights, while still making it really relevant and fun for my husband, myself and three kids.” Julie Goldman, Kansas City, MO
• “Your wealth and diversity of knowledge was awesome but we mostly enjoyed your enthusiasm. You were able to tailor the experience to our unique interests, and we felt that you became not just a guide, but one of our group.” Kathleen and Prody Ververeli, Allentown, PA
• Nigel was so informative of all things London; I think he answered every question we threw at him. (and trust me we asked A LOT). He was even able to discuss 1D with my teenage daughter! The tour at Windsor was so much more informative with Nigel, it really made it special.” Cheryl Wykle, Saint Charles, IL
• “Our day spent touring London with you was fantastic and enjoyed by our entire family. We have already begun making plans to return with additional family next year” Walter Vazquez Jr, Miami, FL
|Film locations e.g. Downton Abbey, James Bond, Harry Potter|
|Quaint countryside pubs & villages|
|Military History inc Churchill|
|Rock and Roll heritage e.g. Beatles, Stones|
|Street markets e.g. Portobello, Spitalfields, Borough|
Help bring London to life, blending in historical and contemporary themes
|Sports & Pastimes|
Explain where sports developed and where the famous sites are today
Explore the fascinating & enduring links between other nations & London, especially the USA
Immerse people in the unique Royal pageantry that London and the UK does so well
To paraphrase the excellent Wellcome Collection "London is for the incurably curious". An unrivalled Museum collection and many of them are free !
With over 200 different ethnic communities London is the ultimate global city. Explore the amazing contribution these groups have made to London's rich tapestry.
BA (Hons), MBA
|Type||Make / Model||Passengers||Air Conditioning||Disabled Access|
|Car||Mercedes Viano 2.2L||7||Yes||No|