07767 498040, 0207 609 1685
David produced, scripted, managed and Directed award-winning fact-based TV programmes for 20 years for the BBC, the other UK channels, NBC and Discovery – and he became a guide to share the TV Producer’s eye for making our complicated world accessible and interesting.
Tell him your needs, and he can create a specialist guiding programme for you.
The recent comments about David -
“This tour had good information, a friendly and enthusiastic tour guide with a sense of humor, lovely sites in central London and it was fun. Would recommend” (Will P, US)
"David is an AMAZING tour guide!!” (Trevor, Canada)
“I'm not one for participating in organised events with people I don't know, so I was slightly dragged along to this guided walk by my more enthusiastic wife and daughter - it was just the three of us plus our guide, David. However, as soon as David approach us at the rendezvous, I had a good feeling and the next two hours were a pure delight. The tour was informal, but well-prepared and informative, …. I was sorry it had to come to an end and left David with a reignited faith in society and optimism for a better collective future” (Roy, Yorkshire)
“Very interesting tour, with many segues about life in London, the best pubs, the lives of artists, architecture, London's civic life and British politics. A great way to learn about the heart of London, as well as the English language's finest writer (George Orwell)” (Jon K)
“Brilliant day. We made a spur of the moment decision to go on the tour and we couldn't have been more pleasantly surprised! David is a fantastic, friendly guide and a true .. expert.”
“Interesting Walking Tour of London. David gave an informative, yet friendly tour of a number of Orwell's spots, along with paired readings by Orwell. In addition, he emailed us an article that directly related to my interest in Orwell. As a local politician, he also had a unique perspective on the UK political scene... (NbptUH, Newburyport, Massachusetts)
“Very informative- recommended! This was a very informative and enjoyable tour. David is a friendly and knowledgeable guide and along with the interesting information …. we learnt a lot about the areas of London we passed through. We also now have lots of ideas for further reading...(Rob, Inverness, Scotland)
(these reviews are from https:// http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attraction_Review-g186338-d4520972-Reviews-George_Orwell_s_London_A_Walking_Tour-London_England.html )
David is qualified to guide you around
• Westminster Abbey, the church where the British Kings and Queens have been crowned for a thousand years
• St Pauls – Prince Charles and Lady Diana married here, Winston Churchill, Nelson, the Duke of Wellington and Margaret Thatcher had funerals here
• The British Museum, the world’s largest collection, and the National Gallery for a tour of artists from Da Vinci to Van Gogh
• Walks around the 2000 year old City of London, from Roman settlement to Europe’s largest finance centre
• Windsor Castle – the home of the Queen, and the Tower of London home to the world’s finest Crown Jewels and 1000 years of torture, rebellion and execution of beautiful young queens
- Historic Oxford with its University, Jane Austen's Bath which still has a Roman bath, Cnaterbury, Stonehenge and Shakespeare's birthplace, Stratford on Avon
Though 100% Brit, and the current Mayor of Islington the historic central London Borough where he lives with his family, David likes to think he can see Britain as ooutsiders would see it. After working in TV, he spent many years working in Brussels for international organisations.
Tell him your needs, and he can create a specialist tour for YOU!
My US client for my Dickens Tour is very keen to come back next year for another tour
Together with my colleague Diarmaid, we do the only George Orwell Tour in London. It's been extremely popular with the public and the media for many years now